Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Blab

Wow it’s already week six, how fast did that go! I thought uni was going to be all work but it’s turned out to be awesome! I’m really getting used to this whole blog thing too. It’s interesting to read about other people’s experiences at uni. Reading some of your blogs has really helped me to understand the subject more. Like I totally didn’t get some parts in last week’s lecture (like the movie) but now I’m a little more confident. Um this blog was really meant for week four, but since we had that scavenger hunt thingo I didn’t get to post it, so I thought I would post it today.

Since I blabbed on the other week about the readings, I thought I might talk about the lecture this time. I found the lecture really interesting! I’m particularly fascinated by the way communication technology worked during the war. The ‘enigma’ was another invention which I never knew existed! The German’s gained so much power through having it, so much so the Polish practically went into hiding. The codes were made so complicated that it would take a team of geniuses (including Alan Turnin) to crack it. It was like a mission impossible for the Polish... they had 48 hours to crack each code and they couldn’t make one mistake!
This ‘enigma’ eventually led to the creation of smarter bombs which leads me back to what I was saying in my other blog (about technology not always being a good thing). Although, it was brought to my attention the other day that communication technology did help heaps of people as well? I will have to do some research on it and get back to ya! Chow

No comments: